How to fix canon printer error B200
Table Of Contents
- Causes of the Canon B200 Error
- How to Fix the Canon B200 Error
- Why does Canon B200 Error occur?
How to fix canon printer error B200-When you need to print something significant, and an error code appears, it’s frustrating. B200 is one of the most feared Canon printer faults, as it can signify a possibly fatal device malfunction. But don’t throw it away right away. Printers are expensive, but you may try a few things before buying a new one to remedy the problem.
Causes of the Canon B200 Error
The B200 error indicates a defective print head at its most basic level. A print head is a printer component that distributes the ink from cartridges to paper, making it one of the most significant parts of the machine.
How to Fix the Canon B200 Error
You can attempt a few various things to fix a defective print head and eliminate the B200 problem. Before you replace the complete device, try some of the options below.
Reset the printer – Disconnect it for at least 30 minutes after unplugging it. Before turning the device back on, a good, long reset helps the printer cool down and return everything to its proper position.
Remove any obstructions – Something may be interfering with the printer head’s connection. Remove the print head from the printer by opening the door and carefully disconnecting it, then lifting it out. Reinstall it and see if it resolves the problem.
Clean the printer head – Run the device’s cleaning cycle using the device’s maintenance options. If the printer head is clogged, this is extremely useful.
Manually clean the print head – On the gold contacts of the print head, use either pure alcohol or a non-oil-based cleaning. Rub the cleaner onto the contacts with a microfiber cloth, then let it dry completely before reconnecting.
Get rid of any old ink –
Hardened ink may have been trapped inside the print head. Submerge it in hot tap water until the water runs clear. Reinstall the leader in the printer after dabbing it dry with a paper towel.
Reinstall the printer drivers if necessary – Find your device on the Canon support page and update the drivers according to the instructions.
Replace the ink cartridge – The B200 error is rarely caused by faulty cartridges, although it can happen. For directions on how to do this with your device, consult the user manual.
Why does Canon B200 Error occur?
The presence of Error 8200 on a Canon printer, according to Canon, is a sign of a malfunctioning print head. Because the print head is one of the most crucial components of a printer, any issue can almost likely result in the printer’s death.
Solution 1: Reset Print Head
- 1. Turn off and unplug your Canon printer.
- 2. Remove the lid and look inside to see the print head.
- 3. Slide the print head to the cente of the print area.
- 4. Reconnect your print head and switch it on while keeping the cover open.
- 5. The print head will now begin to move.
Solution 2: Removing Obstructions
- 1. Remove the ink tanks from the printer by opening the cover.
- 2. Lift the locking lever on the ink tank holder’s side.
- 3. Remove the print head from the carriage unit and set it aside.
- 4. Replace the print head and secure the lever.
- 5. Replace the ink tanks in their original locations and close the printer lid.
- 6. Turn the printer off and disconnect it.
- 7. After 5-10 minutes, restart the printer.
Solution 3: Cleaning Print Head
- 1. Disconnect your printer and remove the cartridges.
- 2. Remove the print head and clean it with 100% rubbing alcohol. Shake now and then.
- 3. Clean the connectors that link the print head to the printer with alcohol.
- 4. After an hour of drying, reconnect the print head and cartridges to the printer.
- 5. Move the print head over to the left.
- 6. Unplug and re-plug your printer.
- 7. Place the printer lid down and turn it on.
If the problem remains after attempting all of the above procedures for both printers, you recommend contacting the Canon Helpline or a printer specialist.
- Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet | Download Microsoft 365
- Download sophos antivirus on windows 10 | is sophos antivirus is safe?
- Download McAfee Antivirus on windows 10?is McAfee Good for windows?
- What’s new features of Microsoft Windows 10? Is it good?
- How to Install kaspersky Antivirus? Is Kaspersky Antivirus Security is safe?
- Easy to download Ad-block plus in 2022.