HP error: “Printer in Error State.”
How to Resolve Printer Errors: Troubleshooting Guide
We’ve compiled all the solutions people have come up with to fix the HP Printer Error State Issue in one place. All of the procedures are outlined in the list below, with step-by-step instructions.
Conduct a Hardware Inspection
Before attempting any of the following Printer In Error State HP troubleshooting steps or making any system modifications, do a hardware check on the system. You’ll need to look for a few things, which are detailed below.
- Verify all of the cables: Verify that all wires leading from the power supply to the CPU are correctly connected. Make sure the lines aren’t kinked or broken before continuing.
- Check for Printer In Error State while performing commands to see if ports are clean.
- Be careful to check the paper tray and the cartridge to see whether they are both working correctly.
Make use of a power workout routine
This HP Printer In Error State approach can fix printers and computers that are temporarily having problems. Both the PC and printer will undergo a power cycle throughout this process. If the problem persists after restarting all services, try reinstalling the software. The next step is to perform the actions listed below.
If the HP Printer In Error State error still appears after following these steps:
- STEP 1. Shut down your PC and then disconnect all power cables from it.
- STEP 2. Do the same for your printer, and then disconnect all power cables from the printer’s power socket.
- STEP 3. Wait for at least 10 minutes, and then reconnect all the wires.
- STEP 4. If the HP Printer In Error State error still appears after following these steps, repeat steps 3 through 1.
Driver and software reinstallation
Use this procedure if the problem persists. We will uninstall the printer programme and remove the printer driver altogether in this technique to fix the hp printer in an error state on Windows 10. After that, we’ll reload the most recent driver to see whether that fixes things.
- STEP 1: Press Windows+R simultaneously to open a run window.
- STEP 2: Type devmgmt.msc into the search field and press enter.
- STEP 3: The device manager window appears.
- STEP 4: Locate the Printer driver and right-click on it to select Uninstall Device.
- STEP 5: Open the Control Panel window once the process is finished.
- STEP 6: Once you’ve completed the uninstall process, restart your computer. Once the system has continued, you’ll need to install the printer driver.
- The generic Windows printer driver may create Printer In Error State Windows 10 difficulties, so avoid using it.
Start the Print Spooler Service (Windows only)
It’s possible that your print spooler service isn’t operating if you’ve tried everything and you’re still getting the Printer In Issue State Epson error. Print spooler is a critical service that must be functioning at all times if you want to avoid encountering printing issues and being unable to print.
Open the Run window and type services.msc in the box provided.
- STEP 1. Next, locate the Print Spooler Service and right-click on it.
- STEP 2. Open Properties for the Print Spooler Service.
- STEP 3. Select Automatic Startup from the General tab.
- STEP 4. Now, check the service status.
- STEP 5. If everything looks good, click OK. Stop it if it’s still running, and then hit Restart. Check if the Canon Printer In Error State Windows 10 error still occurs after rebooting your computer.
As a result of this troubleshooting method, you should now be able to fix Printer In Error State on your own. We’ve discussed the underlying factors and how they interact with one another.